The rapid expansion of the Henley Boat Races means that additional volunteers are now required to assist with some key areas of the organisation. Only by using extra help in this way can we offset the rapidly escalating costs of using professional (paid) assistance.
Recruitment is now taking place in the following areas:
- Publicity - to liaise with local and national media to help increase awareness of the event
- Medical - to coordinate safety organisations on Race Day, on and off the water
- River works - to organise installation and supervision of the stake boats
- Car parking and marshalling - to help ensure that visitors park safely and securely on regatta land.
- Signage - to coordinate provision, erection and dismantling of event signage
- Trade stands - to help recruit exhibitors who can take advantage of the large crowds on Race Day
- Advertising - to sell space in the offical Race Programme, one of the most importnat sources of income for the event
- Prizegiving - to help organise the official medal ceremony and hospitality for the VIP guest presenter
- Race Day Ball - to coordinate the traditional post-race event at Phyllis Court
Please contact us now if you would like to get involved!